Monday, March 7, 2011

Pizza Casserole

I made this quite a few times growing up, It was one of those go to meals my mom had me make many times..Its almost exactly the same.. Except I tried to cut down on the calories.. and it was still delicious! This makes 8 big servings, so you could always make more or less depending on what your family eats. This easily made two meals for my family..throw in a side salad and you have lunch and dinner :)

Pizza Casserole (423 Calories/13 grams fat/7 grams fiber/8 servings)
  • 1 lb 93% ground beef
  • 13 oz box whole grain pasta, any shape
  • 6 oz package turkey pepperoni
  • 8 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 24 oz jar favorite pasta sauce (I used 4 cheese)
  • 1 cup reduced fat cheese
  • sat and pepper to taste
Brown ground beef and cook pasta according to package directions. Saute mushrooms. drain pasta and then dump all the ingredients, except cheese, in the pot and mix to combine. Dump everything into a oven safe baking dish and sprinkle cheese over the top. Broil in the oven at 350F until cheese is brown and the casserole is heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment