Thursday, May 12, 2011

Creamy Asparagus soup

I love the flavor of fresh asparagus.  If I could buy the tips and eat the a whole bowl full I would. But the thing is I am not crazy about the stringy ends.. With this soup though I didn't have to worry about it.. I could use the entire thing and still get that yummy flavor. This a great dipping soup for bread.. all kinds of flavor!





Creamy Asparagus Soup (79 Calories/.5 grams Fat/1.5 grams fiber/6 servings)
  • 1 bunch fresh asparagus ( about 1 lb), cut up into about 1 inch pieces
  • dried garlic, thyme, and pepper to taste
  • 2 T FF sour cream
  • 1 can FF Evaporated milk
  • 1 T lemon juice
  • 2.5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
  • 2 cups water
Put stock, water, asparagus, and spices into a pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat and lets simmer for about 20 minutes. Add milk, sour cream, and lemon juice and heat through. Let cool slightly, and either  puree in blender or use immersion blender until creamy and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment