Thursday, December 9, 2010

Banana-que

Hubby was excited when I said I was going to make this.. then he started spouting some spoofy song to the Philippine nnational anthem that mentions banana-que.. I tried to find the song on-line but all I could come up with some 80's Pinoy song with really bad hair and clothes..but anyway..!!

I still don't understand why this is called what it is..Its deep fried.. and never gets anywhere near a grill..I seriously had to ponder why it the world its named after the traditional BBQ.. I just got laughed at for thinking to long and hard about this.

I don't have the nutritional info on this.. other than the fact that fruit is involved it isn't good for you.. i have no concept of how much sugar ended up being eaten.

Banana-que (????)
  • 1 Plantain. sliced ( but I'm sure you could use a banana..like the name suggests!)
  • brown sugar
  •  oil
Fill oil about 1 inch deep in a non stick pan.. add brown sugar ( maybe 1/2 cup?) to the oil and heat until the sugar is floating and browning on the top. Fry bananas about 1-2 minutes.. flipping it over if not completely covered by oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment