Friday, October 8, 2010

Chicken Parm

I am feeling so good today! I had a sweat pouring workout on my eliptical that left my legs feeling like rubber! That can only mean great things! I was planning on weighing in on Sunday..but I may do it tomorrow, have not decided quite yet.. I'm on a high from doing such a great job this week that I'm afraid when I step on the scale, I will become instantly deflated.. but only one way to find out right?

Anyway, I made Chicken Parmesan for dinner last night. Good old-fashioned comfort food with gooey cheese and tomatoey goodness. Easy way to tip the scales right? Wrong! It's all about portion control and watching how much you put into the dish.  I know I have made this before... and boy oh boy was it good..but I'm guessing I gained a pound just by looking at it.

Chicken Parmesan (7 points/305 cals/ 4 servings)
1 pound chicken boneless skinless chicken breast ( 4 pieces)
2 cups home-made tomato sauce ( or any jarred sauce just watch cals)
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Italiam bread crumbs
egg white (enough to coat chicken)
1 cup  shredded motzerella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste.

Ronzoni whole grain pasta ( 3pnts/ 180 cals/ 1 serving) - not included with chicken. If you want to skip the pasta.. Have a yummy garden salad instead.

Combine parm, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. cover chicken in egg white and coat chicken in bread crumb mixture. place in baking dish and put 1/2 cup sauce and 1/4 cup motzerella on each chicken breast. Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes.

1 comment: