Friday, October 22, 2010

Orange Beef and rice (crockpot)

This was just OK..I normally love stuff from the Crock-pot Lady, But try as I might, with the exception of lemon and lime, I just can't get into fruit mixed with meat. I am posting this  because although the taste was just OK for me, the combination of veggies and beef was top of the line! I will be making this again without the orange juice and honey.. but instead, replacing it with more traditional flavors of ginger, garlic, soy, and lemon. The way that the sub-par beef was fall apart tender was great.
Hubby thought it would be funny to put his finger in the pic.. funny him ..har har! Orange Beef (4 points/ 195 cals/4 servings)
1 lb Beef round steaks..cut into pieces
1/2 cup orange juice
2 T honey
2 T soy sauce
2T chopped Ginger
1 big huge red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
4 green onions
1 head bok choy
Brown rice ( 2 points/108 cals/ 1/2 cup)

Marinate first 5 ingredient for a few hours or overnight. Dump everything in the crock pot, chop veggies and put on top. Cook on low for about 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment