Monday, October 18, 2010

Strawberry Soda Cake

The biggest thing I have learned so far in this journey is everything in moderation. Most days I need to watch what I eat and make the right choices, but I know I would fail and fall flat on my face if I didn't enjoy food as well. Here is the cake that I made for the hubbies 30th birthday. It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
Adapted from Mommy's Kitchen


Strawberry Soda Cake ( 13.4 points/ 570 cals/ 8 servings)

Cake
box strawberry cake mix
Strawberry flavored soda (amount of water called for on box)
2 eggs
5 T oil (about 1/3 cup)
about 1/2 cup fresh smashed up fresh strawberries

Blend all together and bake according to package directions.. ( may need 2-3 more minutes because of fresh fruit)

Frosting
1 cup Confectioners sugar
8 oz cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat.. saved me a few cals right?)
1 tub cool whip
about 1/4 cup mashed up  fresh strawberries

Cream together room temperature sugar and cream cheese. Hand stir in cool whip and strawberries. Frost on cooled cake.

1 comment: