Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rewards and Dijon Lime Chicken

So I have heard along the way that rewarding yourself when hitting milestones is a good thing..But
I have also heard the arguement.. "Well, losing weight is its own reward!" Yeah, I get that, but at the same time, I'm thinking why not? If you do well at your job, you get a raise. If a dog learns a new trick, he gets a treat. If a child fills up a sticker chart, he gets a reward. So with taht thought process.. Sarah loses weight.. she gets a prize. I tend to reward myself with food in other avenues of my life so I set out to make a list in which none of it involves food.

178..Starting weight
162.. current weight
156.. (Smallest since having children) New nail polish
152..(smallest since becoming pregnant w/ Fhillip)..New shirt
148..(30 pounds)..Healthy cookbook
142..(wedding weight)..new hair cut and foils
138..(40 pounds gone!).. Family portraits
130.. (just a big deal!)..new swim suit!


Beyond this.. I will have to see how I look and feel. I have never stepped on a scale with a 1-3 something in front of it in my adult life.. so we will have to see.

I also made Dijon Lime Chicken from Gina last night for dinner.. very yummy and I will 100% make this again. No need for me to post the recipe as I didn't alter or change a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment