Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Asian Wonton Salad

I loved this Salad... the crunch of the wonton strips gave it just enough texture that I didn't miss the cheese at all.. (this is coming form a huge cheese lover!) That being said, I wasn't wild about the dressing, and had ranch on my salad in the end (ha not so Asian!).. Hubby thought the dressing was great.. and used what I didn't eat to make a marinade for chicken the next day..(and THAT I liked) I'm trying to decide if I just didn't like it on the salad, or if I just didn't let the flavors of the dressing sit and mingle for a long enough period of time. Original recipe here
Asian Wonton Salad
Salad (3 points/153 calories/3 servings)
  • Bag Spring Mix lettuce
  • 8 oz chicken breast cooked and shredded
  • handful cherry tomatoes
  • 1/4 of a red onion sliced
  • 8 wonton wrappers, cut into strips (season strips with salt and spray them with cooking spray..bake on cookie sheet for about 6 minutes at 375F until golden and crunchy)
Sweet sesame dressing (6 points/ 200 calories/3 servings)
  • 1/3 cup Rice Vinegar
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 T sesame oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
  • 1 T soy sauce
  • 1 packet splenda
Mix  dressing ingredients together and let flavors mingle, assemble salad and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment