Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Garlic Cheddar Quick Bread

This bread reminds me of those biscuits from Red Lobster. cheesy garlicky goodness! When I saw that Stephanie made this recipe into grilled cheese.. I was hooked and knew instantly I had to make it.. And I don't regret it for one second! :)


Garlic Cheddar Quick Bread (5 points/198 Calories/ 10 servings)

3 cups flour
4.5 t baking powder
1 cup Reduced Fat Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 T garlic powder (  or less to taste..I really like Garlic)
1 t Italian seasoning
1.5 cups FF milk
4 T melted butter
3 T egg whites (or one egg)

 Preheat oven to 350 F. Blend all ingredients and pour into greased loaf pan. ( I know lots of recipes call to mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients.. I think this is a conspiracy to cause more dirty dishes..just mix'em all!) Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment