Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lighter Side Mashed Potatoes

I know in the past when I would make Mashed potatoes I would just keep adding butter and milk until I liked how it looked. Yes, it was super creamy and delicious.. but I have no idea how many calories I was putting into my body, and well that's not really a great idea when you are try to lose weight! With this recipe, I didn't even miss all the extras. I think I will be making my mashed like this from know on! Recipe from Stephanie Cooks

Lighter Side Mashed Potatoes (2 points/130 Calories/4 servings)

4 average sized red potatoes, cut into pieces
1/2 cup chicken broth ( or vegatable)
1 T Promise buttery spread.
2 T FF sour cream
pepper
garlic powder

Boil potatoes until fork tender, drain,  put potatoes back in pot you boiled them in. Add broth, spread, pepper and garlic. Mash with hand masher until smooth and stir in Sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment