Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Copycat Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich

mhhh Spicy chicken.. When I was younger I worked at Wendy's for 3 years.. and I'm willing to bet that is the only thing on the menu I didn't get tired of, and it's still my favorite thing.  BUT...at 510 Calories I can rarely justify the craving..so what can I do?? That's right folks, make it at home!  Original Recipe here.

Spicy Chicken Sandwiches (7 points/310 Calories/2 servings)

1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup flour ( not all of it is used..about 1/4 cup is eaten)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground red pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 boneless chicken breasts, approx 4 oz each
cooking spray
2 T light miracle whip (or mayo)
lettuce
 tomato
buns
Preheat oven to 350F. Put water and hot sauce in bowl and mix together. Put spices and flour in a bowl and mix. Dredge chicken in flour, coat in hot sauce, and dredge in flour mixture a second time. Place in baking greased baking pan and spray the top of the chicken lightly with cooking spray. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment