Monday, January 3, 2011

Diet Cola Chicken

So during my many searches on the Internet there are countless marinades using soda.. they have always intrigued me.. but here is the thing.. I do not buy soda with sugar in it..The kids don't drink it.. and I don't need the calories..so then I thought.. why have I never seen anyone do this with diet cola? I think its rather tasty and you avoid the calories :) I only marinated this for 4 hours..( just because I forgot) next time I will definatly marinate over night) original recipe here
Diet Cola Chicken (133 Calories/2.5 grams fat/4 servings)
  • 1 lb Chicken breast
  • 1 cup diet cola made with Splenda ( Splenda holds up to heat.. Aspartame does not)
  • 3 T soy sauce
  • 1/2 T Balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 T lemon juice
  • 1 T minced garlic
  • 1 T brown sugar
Put everything in a  large zip lock bag, marinate at least 4 hours ( preferably longer). Grill.

1 comment: